Monday, April 8, 2013

Feeling a Little Ramboette-ish Right Now...

I feel I have to explain a bit. I am feeling a little Ramboette-ish because I am taking my blog in a little different direction and dealing with the attack on our 2nd amendment rights, NOT because I feel like shooting up a town. Just want to clarify that right off the bat.


I've got a bone to pick with Colorado Democratic Representative Diana DeGette, and really ALL of those who hold office in our political system.
This Video came across my Facebook page today:

Now there are many many issues I have with all the people trying to take our rights to bare arms to "protect the children" but I will get to some of them in a different blog. As I watched this I had a list going, but then at about minute marker 31 when Diana DeGette answered a question about the magazine ban that SHE SPONSORED (as opposed to just supported).

In her response she stated: “I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”

I had to replay that part. WHAT??? She apparently does not understand that magazines are NOT actually ammunition, and that they can be reloaded. She thinks that once they are "shot" they are useless.

Now, first, I do understand that she might actually be more dangerous to our constitutional rights if she actually did posses any knowledge about this subject. HOWEVER, does it not seem reasonable that we expect our representatives to KNOW something about the areas in which they are trying to pass laws on? This very misinformed, ignorant woman actually SPONSORED a bill that does indeed infringe on my second amendment rights. Does this really surprise me? Well, yes AND no.

A pet peeve of mine is people who make this (or a similar) statement:  "I just don't get into politics, they (those in office), are smarter than me and know what is best". This is a very clear reason WHY that statement drives me nuts. Just because they are in office does not mean they are "all knowing" or "smarter".
On the other hand we have spent several years listening to politicians get more and more bold about telling us that they ARE smarter than we are and know exactly what we do or do not need.

Please people, wake up, these kinds of mistakes are being made all the time by those in office. Thinking they know about a subject when they actually do not.

Another example of this would be the Vice President advising the American public to buy a shotgun for self defense. Ok, so far it's good right? But then in one case he tells us to shoot it in the air to "scare" the criminals away. Then he tells us to shoot it through the door. Again, WHAT???  Anyone at all who  knows anything at all about gun safety would know that both of those statements are just WRONG!

They are not smarter than us, they were motivated by power and money to get into the position they are in. There is nothing magical about it. It really is that simple. And some of them might posses more knowledge in some areas as some of us, BUT, along the way they seem to have lost the ability to use common sense.

I do plan on taking on more of the information on this video because much of it is maddening. If you liked this particular blog please share it, AND comment on it. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment