Monday, April 8, 2013

Children should belong to "the community". Really?

I watched this video, and I get it, she is part of the group of  people who believe that "It takes a village to raise a child". 

But, given the new common core curriculum and some of the issues we have seen with that, AND the idea that there are some families who do nothing "wrong" yet still get their children taken away because others don't agree with the parenting skills. One has to start asking if we really want this attitude to prevail.



Here are a few examples of where I think this kind of thinking can be very dangerous.

1. I prefer to deal with the education of my children and therefore the sex education of my children in a completely different manner then the public school system does. If we start to accept the premise that all children belong to the community, then we open the door to the "community" deciding what is best for our children. Keep your hands off please, I kinda like how my children are turning out compared to a lot of the kids around the neighborhood.

2. I choose to wait on vaccines and am leaning more and more toward the idea that they are not good for the kids and lead to lots of problems. Currently, I have the choice, but the public at large is not of the same mind set. If we allow the thinking that our children are not ours, soon we will be obligated to raise them the same, vaccines and all. Since there is clear and defining data that some vaccines cause issues with children, it really should be the choice of the parents who have to deal with that child 24/7.

Which leads me to 3. Once we open the door, and we develop the "community owns the children" mentality then my rights and responsibilities as a parent are out the door. My rights will be taken over, when that happens you will also see the parents (because what are they going to do hire a bunch of nannies - no they are still going to expect parents to raise the children - just as they tell them to) who decide they will not accept the responsibility either. After all, someone else can deal with it right?

The other thought that lept from my brain is that this is one more clear example of how the democrats think erratically. The idea that once a child is born, it belongs to the "community". Before that however, it is the mothers choice to kill the child or not. Really? At the moment there are many more parents looking to adopt a child "of the community", yet we still insist that the mother has the right to kill the child because it is inconvenient.  Where is the logic and common sense in that?  It's not there, plain and simple. Like a lot of the democrats think - there is no logic, nor common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment